bring cosplayers closer
barry knowlerMichael TranRetroRobbyCatleen Cosplayanime-nsemarco mazzazaShez PalmerRickiChanKalyathRose LunarisChane ReeFernanda AndradeMichiru JacksonTheoPeter R. SmullenVitalyNick JonasZemoru00Emily_CosplayGerald SmithChibiMangoElliegantlyAndrea DeWittDaniel NoakesClaire AndreaQuinn novaSamantha GrayJin MilanLilith HollowKristine BernardoRastedRiya Sharmamurder-senpaiDalton S BlacksmithNikaEmperor AzurechinatreadmillClaire Z.Kaitlyn PartainYagamiosisZorua maximumJayy_is_jake1017The MetalKaylee DuncanNoura Al-TurkistaniTex FawnHiroya OkuTerryBrett BennettDaisy Rebecca ReyesLot DolfoErick Ivan Palacios CortesChloe ElizabethJohn GonyerChris SythewThedarkTrashlord666monadarlinghannakhenYue ChiiRylax CosplayCherry Felicia BrownKyndyle Gonzaleznenita villaranNikolasDrugoRae JeraldsKiki YunGiggleSnort CosplayNico BarrackRyo Sunstrider

Favorite 2012 Movie (so far)

I haven't seen too many movies this year. But I really enjoyed the Avengers, and I'm looking forward to seeing Brave.
Fluttershy
Brave was pretty good, I enjoyed it a lot, although I think it was more Disney than it was Pixar. I saw Ted yesterday and that was really funny, if you like Seth MacFarlane kind of humor (Family Guy, American Dad). I also saw Abe Lincoln same weekend as Brave. It was all right, pretty forgettable though.
What doesn't kill you usually hurts really, really badly.

Brave was pretty good, I enjoyed it a lot, although I think it was more Disney than it was Pixar. I saw Ted yesterday and that was really funny, if you like Seth MacFarlane kind of humor (Family Guy, American Dad). I also saw Abe Lincoln same weekend as Brave. It was all right, pretty forgettable though.

Well, Disney bought out Pixar back in 2006. So, while yes, Pixar is technically it's own thing, Disney still has ultimate, final say in everything they do. So, I'd probably go ahead and expect anything new from here on out to be more Disney geared. I really think Toy Story is the real exception here, because if I'm not mistaken, a LOT of the people that worked on the first one were the same people that worked on the other two.

I'm glad Ted was good though, I wanted to see it but had figured I would wait until it came out on DVD or something.

Disappointed that Abe Lincoln wasn't better, but I'm also really burnt out on just about anything with a "Tim Burton" attached. : ( So, I'm not a good judge there. XD
NailgunInk said...

Well, Disney bought out Pixar back in 2006. So, while yes, Pixar is technically it's own thing, Disney still has ultimate, final say in everything they do. So, I'd probably go ahead and expect anything new from here on out to be more Disney geared. I really think Toy Story is the real exception here, because if I'm not mistaken, a LOT of the people that worked on the first one were the same people that worked on the other two.

I'm glad Ted was good though, I wanted to see it but had figured I would wait until it came out on DVD or something.

Disappointed that Abe Lincoln wasn't better, but I'm also really burnt out on just about anything with a "Tim Burton" attached. : ( So, I'm not a good judge there. XD

Here's a good article talking about Brave and why it's more Disney than Pixar:

http://www.slashfilm.com/15-reasons-brave-doesnt-f...

Abe Lincoln really isn't anything Burton at all. It has his name as a producer, but there's very little of his influence in the film. It is very much a Timur Bekmambetov, who did Nightwatch and Wanted, and you can really see his style in this film. Sadly, that doesn't save it from being forgettable.

Going to see Spiderman today. Not all that amped for the film, but should be a good time, nonetheless. I'll report here after the movie.
So, Spiderman was enjoyable, although I didn't like it as much as the first two Raimi Spiderman films. Still, worth seeing in the theaters.

Here's a good article talking about Brave and why it's more Disney than Pixar:

http://www.slashfilm.com/15-reasons-brave-doesnt-f...

Abe Lincoln really isn't anything Burton at all. It has his name as a producer, but there's very little of his influence in the film. It is very much a Timur Bekmambetov, who did Nightwatch and Wanted, and you can really see his style in this film. Sadly, that doesn't save it from being forgettable.

Wow, wasn't trying to be a dick or argue with you, I saw just offering another point.

I am well aware of why Brave seemed more like a straight Disney movie. I was just trying to say that more than likely the Disney teams had control over planning and story boarding it. Most people tend to be unaware or forget that Pixar is not it's own separate entity anymore, and there is a larger possibility from here on out that their teams will continue to have less say in movies.

As for Abe Lincoln, I hadn't actually seen it yet so I was only offering from other things that I have heard about it from numerous sources. Primarily, because I was disappointed that it was not better. And I'm also speaking from previous experience on anything to do with Burton, EVEN as a producer. Perhaps some of it is coincidence but simply from MY experience that was how I felt.
I was just presenting a few things to help clear up what I was saying about both movies. The article especially is interesting, because it helps put Brave in perspective with all the other Pixar films.
Watched The Dark Knight Rises and it was amazing. If you haven't seen it, go watch it. Movie of the year.