bring cosplayers closer
Rose LunarisRetroRobbybarry knowlerKylen StrattonMichael TranKathryn Hannon (Snowtale ❅)Catleen Cosplayanime-nsemarco mazzazaShez PalmerRickiChanKalyathChane ReeFernanda AndradeMichiru JacksonTheoPeter R. SmullenVitalyNick JonasZemoru00Emily_CosplayGerald SmithChibiMangoElliegantlyAndrea DeWittDaniel NoakesClaire AndreaQuinn novaSamantha GrayJin MilanLilith HollowKristine BernardoRastedRiya Sharmamurder-senpaiDalton S BlacksmithNikaEmperor AzurechinatreadmillClaire Z.Kaitlyn PartainYagamiosisZorua maximumJayy_is_jake1017The MetalKaylee DuncanNoura Al-TurkistaniTex FawnHiroya OkuTerryBrett BennettDaisy Rebecca ReyesLot DolfoErick Ivan Palacios CortesChloe ElizabethJohn GonyerChris SythewThedarkTrashlord666monadarlinghannakhenYue ChiiRylax CosplayCherry Felicia BrownKyndyle Gonzaleznenita villaranNikolasDrugoRae JeraldsKiki YunGiggleSnort Cosplay

Any Vocaloid Fans/Listeners?

Poll: Favorite Vocaloid?
May 17, 2012 by
I'm curious if there are any fans of Vocaloid on this site? If so, does anyone have any songs to recommend? :D
There are new Vocaloids from Korea, SeeU and Usee. Have you listened to any of their songs? If so, I'd suggest at least giving them a try. ^^
Fluttershy
Carrie S. said...

There are new Vocaloids from Korea, SeeU and Usee. Have you listened to any of their songs? If so, I'd suggest at least giving them a try. ^^

Yeah I know but some sound like already existing previous Vocaloids. From the new ones I really only like Yuzuki Yukari and VY2 (I think he's one from the new series....) SeeU I'm okay with. I like her look but really, her voice is too...idk...it doesn't have any pizazz. She sounds decent in Run and I=Fantasy....there are others that I dislike such as Hibiki Lui and Oliver because they're too similar to Len :I Esspecially since they're also shota uke type characters....and another thing with Oliver is that he's almost identical to Len. Blond hair, young, shota uke type, high-ish voice, and a sailor type outfit >:I the only difference I see is name and singing language...

Enough about my rant though~ I'm also excited for KAITO's new appends~ and also the fact that he's being released in English!~ C:
Oh, I'm sorry. :C Didn't know. >_<

Yeah I know but some sound like already existing previous Vocaloids. From the new ones I really only like Yuzuki Yukari and VY2 (I think he's one from the new series....) SeeU I'm okay with. I like her look but really, her voice is too...idk...it doesn't have any pizazz. She sounds decent in Run and I=Fantasy....there are others that I dislike such as Hibiki Lui and Oliver because they're too similar to Len :I Esspecially since they're also shota uke type characters....and another thing with Oliver is that he's almost identical to Len. Blond hair, young, shota uke type, high-ish voice, and a sailor type outfit >:I the only difference I see is name and singing language...

Enough about my rant though~ I'm also excited for KAITO's new appends~ and also the fact that he's being released in English!~ C:
Fluttershy
I'm a fan and love cosplaying them as well.
I've done a few already and plan to do more.

I agree that they seem to make too many "off brand" Vocaloids and a lot of them do sound too much a like to the others.

I'm excited that they're converting some of them to English because then I could actually sing the songs. I've never been good at Japanese songs...
Next con:
~Wonder North West~
Day one- Mad Hatter OC
Day two- Death the Kid

I'm a fan and love cosplaying them as well.
I've done a few already and plan to do more.

I agree that they seem to make too many "off brand" Vocaloids and a lot of them do sound too much a like to the others.

I'm excited that they're converting some of them to English because then I could actually sing the songs. I've never been good at Japanese songs...

You bring up a good point~~ C: it would be good to finally understand what they're singing, word for word
Same as Dokan-chan :) I listen to the occasional Miku song, but that's about it ^_^

The only thing that I really find "interesting" about vocaloids are the 3D holographic concerts that they hold. I find the technology amazing.
Add me on DeviantArt as I'm normally more active on there!

www.nomiiku.deviantart.com
FantasyRhia said...

On and Off Vocaloid listener.

As for preference among vocaloids, I really like a lot of songs featuring KAITO, Luka and Gumi V3.
Most important thing to me is how the actual music sounds, since I'm not fluent in Japanese, I listen more for the music over lyrics.
I really wish that English original songs using vocaloids with English voice banks were more frequent and introduced to everyone better.

My overall opinion: they're instruments and I like the music featuring them when they are used properly and when the music has depth and is something I can enjoy without caring about the lyrics.

Speaking of luka. I'm going to meet her this weekend at Anime north. Or rather her voice provider. Same thing~
  likes this.
I'm indifferent about the newer vocaloids but personlly i like KAITO and Lens voice the best.

but oddly enough i have more miku songs then anything (._.")

im ok about gakupo, i always thought he sounded similar to Kaito :P but i know there was a subtle differnce and i can tell them apart,

And some songs i sugggest are:

Luka's Leia- i enjoy that one, i think luka is used extremely well in that song

Gumi's Eat Me- alice in wonderland like, i thought that was a cute song of hers, i kinda really don't listen to her, but a friend suggested the song and i really like it.

Kaito Len Gakupo's Arrest Rose- its by the SCL group who did Imitaiton Black, ann that whole thing, this song isnt really known because i think it get over shadowed by imitaiton black and the other ones in that whole thing. i enjoy this one.

Rin and Len'sUnhappy Refrain- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gM3tyulpxJA

Meh i'll look for more later those were the only ones i could think of OTL
Congratulations, i just burned my self with and iron, does that stop me? Of course not

I'm indifferent about the newer vocaloids but personlly i like KAITO and Lens voice the best.

but oddly enough i have more miku songs then anything (._.")

im ok about gakupo, i always thought he sounded similar to Kaito :P but i know there was a subtle differnce and i can tell them apart,

And some songs i sugggest are:

Luka's Leia- i enjoy that one, i think luka is used extremely well in that song

Gumi's Eat Me- alice in wonderland like, i thought that was a cute song of hers, i kinda really don't listen to her, but a friend suggested the song and i really like it.

Kaito Len Gakupo's Arrest Rose- its by the SCL group who did Imitaiton Black, ann that whole thing, this song isnt really known because i think it get over shadowed by imitaiton black and the other ones in that whole thing. i enjoy this one.

Rin and Len'sUnhappy Refrain- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gM3tyulpxJA

Meh i'll look for more later those were the only ones i could think of OTL

There are only a few vocaloid 3 programs i like. now the companies are just trying too hard. they aren't bad (except see u, she's ABSOLUTELY adorable! but her voice is wierd and throaty but i think that's cuz korean heavily depends on how you pitch the sounds and it's GOTTA be hard to make a vocaloid for korean. major props for trying tho. Plus, she looks too much like Luna (the utau))
bosscakes!~
My Vocaloid playlist is about 1/2 Rin and Len, 1/4 Miku, and 1/4 other ^^; (And of the 1/2 Rin and Len they either have both Rin and Len or just Len...because I like Len. His singing voice pleases me.)

I like Vocaloid 2 songs better...more substance. My favourite songs would the Evil series, Karakuri Burst, Alluring Secret Black Vow, and I could go on but I'll stop ^^; Pretty much the ones with tragic stories and dark themes.

I learn a lot of vocabulary from the songs, it's actually somewhat scary. I sing along a lot too...

OH and about the Chinese Vocaloid Luo Tianyi...I speak fluent Mandarin and I can barely understand what she sings, unless there are subs or something. Ugh, I'm disappointed...plus her voice is really artificial...

Yup. I really need to make a Youtube playlist of my favourite songs...yeah...(Another way to procrastinate, hooray~)

EDIT: I made a playlist today because I was bored. A wide variety of stuff...kinda...my preference, please don't bash ^^

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBpzmPtcxqn2...
Attachments
I'm a budgie.

-chirp-
I can honestly say I'm a vocaloid fan! I love kaito, Len and miku voice the most. But kaito will always be my favorite one out of all of them besides Miku. I have more miku songs on my phone then any of the other songs!!! And i'm also cosplaying Miku.

Haha But their is a group on youtube that are recreating the vocaloid songs, I think some of them are really good! I think you should check out the videos out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67gQ1v2iRZA
" People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true"